Tannering (Re: Cypherpunks, Feds, and Pudgyfaced Voyeurism)

Public <Anonymous_Account> remailer at xganon.com
Wed Apr 11 22:16:41 PDT 2001

>The "secret-admirers" list strips all headers (except the Subject:) from
>submissions and is gatewayed to/from alt.anonymous.messages.  The list

Being subscribed makes one a member of the illegal Cypherpunk Movement,
especially when the prosecution explains that the member explicitly
and willfully sent the "subscribe" request.

To anonymize posts, send through remailers. From an internet cafe*.

To anonymize reading, go to the internet cafe*.

Everything else is an illusion of safety.

* gloves and disguise is recommended. I have already seen several
customers with Groucho masks.

BUT,

On the other hand, a public 802.11 would be nice.

Suppose that you can drive close to this building, connect with a laptop
from the safety of friend's car, and the only thing that LAN allows you
is to (a) send mail to one specified address and (b) browse one specific
web site (inet-one). Then you drive away.

The building is conveniently marked with small, hard-to-notice label
"TANNER" on nearby objects. The visits shall be known as "tannering".

Etiquette will require that you pretend not to notice others with laptops
in the vicinity.

For FBI trainees: start on pushing for new crimes:

- driving with a loaded laptop
- gathering in public place with laptops with intent to connect.
- providing an open 802.11 node (ooops .. they are *all* open)

For the FBI instructor: your mother is a whore.