Cypherpunks, Feds, and Pudgyfaced Voyeurism

Brian Minder bmm at minder.net
Wed Apr 11 20:40:33 PDT 2001

The "secret-admirers" list strips all headers (except the Subject:) from
submissions and is gatewayed to/from alt.anonymous.messages.  The list
intro may be found below.  If there was enough interest, it could be
hooked up to the CDR instead, or made standalone.

Thanks,

-Brian

I would like to announce the "secret-admirers" mail list.

The "secret-admirers" list is intended to function in a manner similar
to the well-known Usenet newsgroup "alt.anonymous.messages".  This
newsgroup serves as a dead drop for communications in which the recipient
wishes to remain unknown.

While access to a Usenet news server is unavailable in many environments,
the ubiquity and flexibility of e-mail may be advantageous for the
following reasons:

- Penetration:  More people having access to (pseudo|ano)nymizing tools
                is generally a good thing.
- Pool Size:    Higher utilization of the message pool may frustrate
                traffic analysis.  The list may be gateway back into
                alt.anonymous.messages or vice versa.  CDR-like
                nodes for redistribution may be established to reduce
                load on individual nodes.
- Filtering:    E-mail filtering tools are widely available, allowing
                recipients to draw only pertinent messages from the
                pool by filtering on tokens which have been negotiated
                out-of-band or by the public key to which a message has
                been encrypted.

The mail list is unmoderated and accepts messages from any submitter.
Submissions should be sent to "sa at minder.net".

TO SUBSCRIBE to the list, send a message with "subscribe secret-admirers"
in the body to majordomo at minder.net.  The more subscribers, the better,
even if procmail just sends it to /dev/null.

TO UNSUBSCRIBE from the list, send a message with "unsubscribe
secret-admirers" to majordomo at minder.net.