Fwd: Jim Bell Trial: Fourth Day (fwd)

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Tue Apr 10 21:46:58 PDT 2001

>On the matter of Bell using Oregon DMV databases:  Gordon stated that DMV
>access is not legal for non-commercial use, noting that both Oregon state
>and federal law restricted their use.

At least for a while, the Oregon DMV sold their database on CDROMs.
Then somebody upset them by putting one of the CDROMs on the web :-)
The web version didn't let you look up by name, just by license plate,
but Senator Mark Hatfield wife's license plate is AAA111 or 111AAA,
I forget which, and doing a relatively complete search was pretty trivial.