Screwing Jim Bell and Cypherpunks

Eric Cordian emc at artifact.psychedelic.net
Tue Apr 10 09:51:50 PDT 2001

DCF wrote:

> Save that the Feds have no interest in proceeding against any list
> posters with cash and brains (or perhaps self-control).

I think the Bell case indicates the need for Cypherpunks to start writing
code again, and stop engaging in meatspace theatrics.

Then no one would be on trial, and there wouldn't be a thing any
government could do to stop it.

Cypherpunks should be about creating and disseminating technology which
permits the most complex plans and activities of the most widely
disseminated group of persons, to be as safe from state interference as a
single individual's private thoughts.

Let's not get distracted from that goal by the fact that a couple of the
list's more confrontational members are being picked off by an
Self-Important Treasury Agent and a Senile Luddite Judge.

--
Eric Michael Cordian 0+