Seth Finkelstein, reluctant cypherpunk?

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Tue Apr 10 07:41:44 PDT 2001

    --
At 01:31 PM 4/6/2001 -0700, Bill Stewart wrote:
> Seth is a long-term contributor to the Cyberia-L list, which a
> reasonable number of Cypherpunks also read or at least occasionally
> post to, including Declan and JYA. He's been a major contributor
> with The Censorware Project

There is good and evil censorware, and many in the censorware project were
more concerned with good censorware than evil.

The censorware project was a typical pinko project, directed at private
choice, instead of state power.

Most US censorware, in particular the censorware that I write, can be
uninstalled in five clicks of a mouse.   Just click on start, settings,
control panel, add/remove programs.   I would not be part of any project
that was otherwise.

> And yes, as some people have commented, he does flame against
> Libertarianism, among other things, but he's also a strong supporter
> of free speech.

Pinkos are fond of imposing odd meanings on "free speech", sometimes
interpreting it as a right for certain views to be heard, rather than a
right of people to speak to those that choose to hear.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     Y6hc5NxxJIhwLnlnh9Cgq9drxX65BMxFS3X3TrYw
     42IxaD34Yl57223Vm4Iauu7X7kQ9ToRgdo59JEhte

We have the right to defend ourselves and our property, because
of the kind of animals that we are. True law derives from this
right, not from the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.

http://www.jim.com/jamesd/      James A. Donald