Micropayments, misc.

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Mon Apr 9 16:16:00 PDT 2001

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001 George at Orwellian.Org wrote:

> One of the very few really cool URLs the Jimster sent to
> the list was for a home-made plasma ball. I wanted to
> tell others about it, but the URL stopped working shortly
> after the Jimster gave it out. I heard he doesn't like to
> receive mail from people (individuals), so I didn't email
> him. Anyone have a working URL for the plasmoid ball?

URL? We don't need no stinking URL. (it was on /.)

You take a toothpick and place it on a holder. Light it. Place a large
glass bowl (a fishbowl is acceptable) over the burning toothpick with
something holding the bowl off the floor of the microwave (so the
toothpick stays lit). Crank up the microwave on high for about 10 seconds.
Walah.

I don't mind receiving inquiries for help from individuals on specific
topics or goals. What I specifically object to is people trying to take my
public discussion private. From my perspective such discussion is useless
for giving ideas public exposure and wastes a lot of my time that I'd
rather spend doing other things. In short, don't expect to get into long
drawn out discussions in private email unless I've known you for quite a
while.

Enjoy the plasma ball...(hint: try a screen)

       To speak algebraically, Mr. M. is execrable, but Mr. G. is
       (x+1)-ecrable.
                                         Edgar Allan Poe

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com