Pleading the 5th

Daniel J. Boone djb at gci.net
Sat Apr 7 10:40:26 PDT 2001

I find this hilarious coming from Declan, who once (WAAY back in 1997) closed
one one of his previously open-subscription mailing lists because people were
*gasp* forwarding messages from it to other lists.  His list policy was, if I
recall, "you own your words, no retransmission without your permission" and he
was outraged that some of his subscribers, specifically Hettinga, did not
respect these vital intellectual property rights.

Now when somebody else makes the same silly assertion he was making, he calls
it silly.  I guess we all grow up eventually....

-- Daniel