Affording an attorney...

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Thu Apr 5 18:39:43 PDT 2001

95% the first day or two, maybe. By the third day it's up to 98%.

I don't know if Tanner hates Jim -- that seems strong, based on the
evidence I've seen -- but it's more like he doesn't take Bell or his
lawyer seriously at all.

Bell is more interested in making points against the government than
putting on a defense, and is (a bad move) trying to be his own lawyer.
He apparently believes he will win; he is almost certainly mistaken.

-Declan