Pleading the 5th

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Thu Apr 5 19:13:52 PDT 2001

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Declan McCullagh wrote:

> The problem with Choate's argument is that (besides that it's silly),
> he gives implied consent to redistribute by posting here. Also, as he claims
> to know, CDR is by nature distributed, and each node can set its own
> policy. Dont' like it? Don't participate.

Really?

that SSZ subscribers posts were 'public domain'. It was immediately after
Igor and I put up the original two-site CDR.

Note who was arguing in the contrary.

No, there is no 'implied consent'. I own SSZ. I own the copyright of my
words. There is no 'meeting of minds' between you and I for example, so
there can be no 'contract', implied or otherwise (since I've said publicly
I won't agree).

There is no fine print that states 'we reserve the right to edit all
submissions'.

Go fuck off god-$ fascist.

       We have to hate our immediate predecessors to get free of their
       authority.
                                               D.H. Lawrence

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com