Jeff Gordon, Usenet, and the cypherpunks mailing list

Harmon Seaver hseaver at ameritech.net
Thu Apr 5 06:25:07 PDT 2001

Declan McCullagh wrote:eclan

> [*] Gordon is the aggrieved party (something like three of the five
> "stalking counts" are him claiming he feels threatened). He is also the
> lead witness for the prosecution. He is also the lead investigator during
> Bell I, Bell II, and Bell III. He is also the lead witness-management
> worker for the prosecution, telling lackeys when to bring the next witness
> into the courtroom. He is also the technical expert, bringing up digital
> photos and turning the courtroom screens on or off. He is the
> case-management guy, correcting London when the attorney doesn't know which
> house is which on the photo.
>
> But even though Gordon is a key witness, he is not sequestered. Even though
> he is the aggrieved party, he is the investigator. Even though he has
> personal animus toward the defendant, he seems in charge of the
> prosecution's case.

           Looks to me like JB has pretty good grounds for appeal right here,
regardless of the rest of the case. This is looking more and more like the
classic Soviet/PR/whatever style of kangaroo court. What does it take to get
justice in the USA these days?

--
Harmon Seaver
Check out:

http://www.oshkoshbygosh.org

Can we bash your city next? Still under construction, but stay tuned.