Affording an attorney...

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Wed Apr 4 21:58:39 PDT 2001

At 9:02 PM -0500 4/4/01, J.A. Terranson wrote:
>On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Jim Choate wrote:
>
>>  Whether you're rich or poor the state is
>>  OBLIGED to provide you an attorney.
>
>Provided that you are willing to execute complete financial disclosure
>forms, and attest to their accuracy, *and* provided that this disclosure
>backs your assertion that you cannot afford an attorney.
>
>This is from personal experience ;-)
>
>As I understand it: Yes, you are entitled to an attorney, however, that
>does *not* mean that the State *must* pay for it.

In Choate Prime, the world that exists parallel to our own, the State
provides an attorney.

On our own world, in the U.S., the line goes "If you cannot afford one..."

--Tim May
--
Timothy C. May         tcmay at got.net        Corralitos, California
Personal: b.1951/UCSB/Intel '74-'86/retired/investor/motorcycles/guns