Seth Finkelstein, reluctant cypherpunk?

Seth Finkelstein sethf at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 4 02:45:14 PDT 2001

Tim May wrote:
> I see a newcomer, Seth Finkelstein, harshly criticizing Declan and
> others. Easy to ignore someone who wasn't even here the day before
> yesterday.

	Point of information: "nonconsentingly delurked" is more accurate
than "newcomer".

	There's a few messages by me years ago in the archives, e.g.

http://www.inet-one.com/cypherpunks/dir.95.12.13-95.12.19/msg00289.html
http://www.inet-one.com/cypherpunks/dir.96.01.25-96.01.31/msg00432.html
http://www.inet-one.com/cypherpunks/dir.96.02.22-96.02.28/msg00225.html
http://www.inet-one.com/cypherpunks/dir.97.05.01-97.05.07/msg00107.html

	But I never was much into this list, and around 1997 I got
extremely tired of endless Libertarianism mailing-list debates anywhere.

	I'm still happy to have you ignore me. And I did spend far
more time on the issue than I should have. Declan's past conduct has
played a significant role in my own thoughts about legal risk from
free-speech activism. Ao my strong feelings led to me write more
than perhaps was best.

__
Seth Finkelstein  Consulting Programmer  sethf at mit.edu  http://sethf.com