Bell Trial Day 1/2

Seth Finkelstein sethf at MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 3 18:42:33 PDT 2001

John Young wrote:
> Anonymous said the stalking law used against Jim was enacted only a
> month before his arrest, and this trial is the first application of
> the law.

	Further note, I figured out the kernel of truth in the above.
There was an *addition* to interstate stalking law 2261A on 10/28/2000
which involved electronic communications (106-386), that seems to
have been the basis of 1 (one) (uno) (00000001) of 3 (three) (tres)
(00000011) later counts of interstate stalking against Jim Bell.

	Grumble, no reputation-capital in countering urban-legend-punkery :-(

__
Seth Finkelstein  Consulting Programmer  sethf at mit.edu  http://sethf.com