CCL (Crypto Carrying License)

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Sun Apr 1 12:39:03 PDT 2001

At 02:31 PM 4/1/01 -0500, Aimee Farr wrote:
>Agree. I was just asking if there was any evidence that tech security
>licensing was the intent.

No, you also downplayed the perils of licensing, saying:
 > In the US private security consultants have numerous licenses, variable by
 > state. ("C & G" licenses - guns, dogs, exec protect, PIs, etc.) Aren't ya'll
 > just getting worked up over a misnomer?

I don't think that one or two posts is "getting worked up" over anything,
and in any case I'll reserve final judgment until I read more.

>I'm most violently against any licensing scheme of the sort, and THIS ONE IN
>PARTICULAR. Ya'll keep dialing the wrong damn number with me. I'm starting

Which your original message did not say.

>to get miffed about it. Go beat your chest somewhere else, Declan. :)

Go take your
men-are-beating-their-chests-and-I'm-a-woman-who-wants-civility comments
elsewhere, Aimee. :)

-Declan