CCL (Crypto Carrying License)

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Sun Apr 1 11:34:02 PDT 2001

No, it's perfectly reasonable to be "worked up" about more government
regulations that restrict the actions of programmers and sysadmins and
such.

Professional organizations, eager to be the ABA cartel for tech,
occasionally propose such things. But the beauty and efficency of the
tech world is that you don't need to jump over government hurdles to
do your job. When I was in high school, I was a tech consultant to a
local Good Shepherd hospital -- good cause, and I did it for
free. Restricting that would be plain silly.

After all, the best person to decide whether a consultant is worth it
or not is the person paying their bill. Are you sure you haven't been
an ABA member for too long? :)

-Declan