AP is *not* the point

Blank Frank BF at farc.org
Sun Apr 1 10:24:05 PDT 2001

At 07:38 AM 4/1/01 +0200, Anonymous wrote:

>>Um, he's not *advocating*.  He pointed out that such systems were
>>inevitable.
>
>So he is new Galileo then.

Darwin, not Galileo.  Darwin said, "offspring inherit traits from
parents" and "some traits are
more helpful than others", "ergo selection leads to adaptation".  Darwin
didn't *advocate*
evolution, he said, it happens, its inevitable.

>Shattering the geocentrism endangered only the theological dogma,
>and he almost got barbecued. The church in question admitted wrongdoing

>350 years after Galileo's death (in 1992).

Maybe after a similar time we will eventually forgive the Catholic
bastards.

Until then,