CDR: Re: Fw: Others are protecting freedom of speech too.

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Fri Sep 29 20:41:52 PDT 2000

Marcel - did the original posting to the mh_mirror or freenet-chat
lists indicate where the article was from?  If you removed it,
could you send me the originals?
It looks newspaperish, but doesn't indicate (AP) or (NYTimes) or whatever.
If it's a newspaper that takes replying letters to the editor,
or at least to the author, it deserves a reply.

The reason I ran a remailer was that it
we can prevent violent people from telling others what they
can and can't say, whether those violent people are
spouse-beating individuals or citizen-beating governments,
and any one person in the world can stand up to all of them.
That doesn't mean it won't be abused (of course it will,
and I eventually took mine down because of abuse,
as most remailer-operators have), but we don't have to put up
with violence any more.

At 12:30 PM 9/26/00 -0400, Marcel Popescu wrote:
><<But "there are much more direct ways to protect whistle-blowers, using
>laws instead of technology," says Joan E. Bertin, executive director of the
>National Coalition Against Censorship.>>

Yes, and if they worked, there wouldn't be a need for a
National Coalition Against Censorship :-)

>ROTFL...

				Thanks!
					Bill
Bill Stewart, bill.stewart at pobox.com