CDR: Re: More Columbine fall-out

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Fri Sep 29 16:46:31 PDT 2000

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, Steve Furlong wrote:

> The buildings have to be registered with the city engineer or such like,
> but not previously with police and fire departments.

I know for a fact the building has to meet fire code and that the fire
dept. as a matter of course has access to these records 24 hours a day.

Police can get access at any time as well since these records are public.

Sounds to me like they want the end user to pay for extra copies the fire
dept. and police can have in their own databanks.

                     He is able who thinks he is able.

                                           Buddha

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com