CDR: Algorithm queston.

Steve Thompson stevet at sendon.net
Fri Sep 29 08:04:54 PDT 2000

Perhaps this message would be better directed to the coderpunks list, but I
shall take a chance and post it here since I have little programming skill to
speak of.

To correct my ignorance on current cryptography issues, I have been browsing
the archives.  Some time ago, there was quite a bit of talk about the MISTY
algorithm, although I did not chance upon any pointers to an actual
implementation.  Since the character of the messages which I did read seemed
to be (loosely speaking) light-hearted, I cannot decide whether the algorithm
is some sort of `in' joke, or whether it was a cryptographic algorithm which
didn't `cut it' under peer review.

Are there any old-timers who recall the algorithm in question?

Regards,

Steve

--
"Thank god for the unexamined life [...] it foots the bills for us examined
ones."