CDR: Re: Of Huns and throats

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Fri Sep 29 10:28:32 PDT 2000

At 10:44 AM +0200 9/29/00, Tom Vogt wrote:
>Nomen Nescio wrote:
>>
>>  from _Onwards to Victory_, Cassell edition, page 100:
>>
>>  "The proud German Army has by its sudden collapse, sudden crumbling and
>>  breaking up...once again proved the truth of the saying, 'The Hun is
>>  either at your throat or at your feet.'"
>>
>>  -- Winston Churchill, speech to the United States Congress, 19 May 1943.
>
>thanks for the citation.
>
>well, we've been at your feet for the past 50 years. maybe it's time to
>get to your throat again - a country that passes laws like the DMCA
>definitely needs killing, to speak with tim. :)

I agree that it's time for Deutschland to climb out from under the
thumb of Pax Americana. Who would have thunk that this would be the
legacy of World War II?

(As for the Germans themselves, I've said before that there is a huge
amount to admire about Germany and the Germans.)

--Tim May

"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.