CDR: IR "TEMPESTING" (was Re: police IR searches to Supremes)

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Thu Sep 28 17:17:56 PDT 2000

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Alan Olsen wrote:

> I think your walls would start to mold after a time.  Best to get rid of
> laws that allow survelience by means that cannot be rationally avoided by
> the average citizen.  This "peeking through walls" crap has to go.  (Of
> course, the law and order crowd will find some horseman to trot out as to
> why they need that and more.)

No, we simply need to demand that probably cause be required prior to any
police action against any party.

As a parallel example, review the CNN homepage regarding the case about
drug stops/searches. Seems a cop told the person 'you don't have any
rights'...

That cop deserves to get a better understanding of the 2nd.

                     He is able who thinks he is able.

                                           Buddha

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com