CDR: Re: Choate physics again

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Thu Sep 28 16:59:10 PDT 2000

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Michael Motyka wrote:

> >>By the time the coherent radiation (needed to make an image) passes
> >
> >Were not talking holograms, Jimmy-boy

I didn't get the original message so I'll reply here.

No, we're not talking about lasers. But then again 'coherent' simply means
'arranged' or 'synchronized'. If you don't believe there is coherence in
imaging the rays of light through a camera then you don't have a fucking
clue about optics.

The fact is, that if you take a lens and form an image there IS most
certainly a level of coherence. You can break that coherence by simply
injecting a fogged piece of glass for example.

This is what the walls of the house do, they break the coherence of the
original light rays so that no image can be formed on the other side of
the wall.

Glass howerver is reasonably transparent and as a result the light doesn't
lose coherence through that. However if you attenuate the light using an
aluminized mylar sheet and then break up the image using the bubble pack
(the little bubbles of air absord the IR and then re-emit it out of phase
with the original stream of photons - that! is coherence), walah. No
usable image the cops can use against you.

[Rest of a dumbass rant from another party deleted]

                     He is able who thinks he is able.

                                           Buddha

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com