CDR: Re: Re: Shunning, lesbians and liberty

James A.. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Thu Sep 28 08:58:44 PDT 2000

     --

At 12:15 PM 9/28/2000 +0300, Sampo A Syreeni wrote:
 > I.e. you both evaluate actions as such, I tend to evaluate them
 > based on their consequences.

Then, as other people have pointed out, you should evaluate yourself as a
mass murderer.

 > I see that as an axiom which need not hold. OTOH, no point in
 > debating axioms...

I have a theory that when people claim to adhere to moral axioms that
manifestly they do not hold, they are up to something.  At best, they are
psychopaths, who lack moral intuition.  At worst, they have done something
or are about to do something, and are blowing smoke to cover their past
actions or contemplated actions.

 > If everybody around you decides your shop is now a shared resource,
 > it will be, by your definition. Since I view rights as highly
 > relative, you cannot even call this thievery.

Like I said, psychopathy or evil.

Is thievery.

And in the past governmental theft of this kind has been accompanied by
governmental murder about as often as private theft has been accompanied by
private murder.

     --digsig
          James A. Donald
      azW5sqKyo2o4UImzIMwo0ftmf+HfnD8UzGRV8k+w
      4O39UA5jNpTaa+M548Bq+iRNSiQrifrBls2fZ5DsJ