CDR: Why Free Speech Matters

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Thu Sep 28 05:33:53 PDT 2000

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Duncan Frissell wrote:

> Now James, you've been hanging around libertarians enough to know that
> their extreme notion of freedom includes property rights which involve the
> right to exclude anyone without a pre-existing contract right to use or be
> on the property.  Thus a stadium owner excluding lesbians or a lesbian bar
> excluding men are both perfect examples of liberty.
>
> To hold otherwise would mean that property didn't exist.  I want the right
> to exclude anyone from my property (government agents for example).

If it's a business and it's 'public' access then the ONLY reason you would
have a right to exclude anyone would be if they interfered with your
freedom to execute the business.

See the comments I made about the difference between a 'private' and
'public' business.

You have the same fucked up definition of 'freedom' as Tim.

Not surprising.

                     He is able who thinks he is able.

                                           Buddha

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com