CDR: Re: New email could confound law enforcement

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Thu Sep 28 00:15:22 PDT 2000

Ray - it looks like Disappearing Inc. has been disappearing.com
for about 1.5 years longer than you've been disappearing-inc.com.

In October 99, Maclen Marvit, the CEO of Disappearing, Inc.
spoke at the Cypherpunks meeting in San Francisco,
shortly after they had a front-page article in USA Today
(may have been business front-page, but it was still really
nice timing for a small startup to do their press release
on a slow news day :-)  And there was substantial discussion
of them and their service in the Cypherpunks mailing list.

Were you paying attention when you picked the name?
Or had the meme just been floating around long enough after
their announcement that it had gotten unstuck from its roots?
You probably ought to sell them the name at cost.

At 03:19 PM 9/25/00 -0400, Ray Dillinger wrote:
>Correction:
>
>After a web search through USPTO, I find that there is another
>company also named Disappearing Inc, on Howard street in San
>Francisco. This is probably the company that was referred to.
>
>To clarify:  I have done business as "disappearing inc", and I am
>the owner of the domain name "disappearing-inc.com", which I have
>not yet used.
>
>This pisses me off....  now they'll probably try to evict me as
>a cybersquatter.
>
>				Ray Dillinger

				Thanks!
					Bill