CDR: Re: Who's takin' odds?

William H. Geiger III whgiii at openpgp.net
Wed Sep 27 16:30:01 PDT 2000

In <Pine.LNX.3.96.1000927193229.14002L-100000 at einstein.ssz.com>, on 09/27/00
   at 06:33 PM, Jim Choate <ravage at ssz.com> said:

>So, what do you think will be the result of the Supreme Court review of
>drug stops violating the 4th Amendment?

>There's an intersting article over on CNN.

IIRC a couple years ago we had a thread going on "Terry Stops" and DUI checks. I did a bit of research back then on the subject. The prevailing SC ruling allowing DUI checks would seem to apply and I doubt that they are going to reverse their position on a drug case ("drugs, the root password to the Constitution").

William H. Geiger III      http://www.openpgp.net
Geiger Consulting

Data Security & Cryptology Consulting
Programming, Networking, Analysis