CDR: Re: Lions and Tigers and Backdoors, oh, my...

brflgnk at cotse.com brflgnk at cotse.com
Wed Sep 27 15:24:06 PDT 2000

Ray said:
-- begin quote --
I do not buy the story that what happened to PGP
was an accident; on the contrary, it was just NAI doing what they
had to do to get approval to put it up for international downloads,
the same as Lotus just did what it had to do.
-- end quote --

I have to agree.  The very existance of unhashed packets in the key structure is
insecure.  Given that unhashed packets were a design decision for V4 keys, and
given that the PGP/NAI guys are arguably not bone-stupid, some coercion must
have been brought to bear.

BTW, Wells Fargo is happy with Netscape 4.08, but not 4.07.  I had wondered why
a 4.08 release was built so long after 4.5x was available.  I guess now I know.