CDR: Re: free speech children michigan law

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Tue Sep 26 23:57:04 PDT 2000

At 8:37 PM -0400 9/26/00, Steve Furlong wrote:
>"A. Melon" wrote:
>>  Michigans Anti-Cussing Law Called Into Question
>
><<A Michigan boor swore at and made sexually suggestive gestures to a
>woman after she asked him not to swear near a small child. He might be
>charged under MI's anti-swearing law or under disturbing the peace.>>
>
>This doesn't sound like the peace and safety of the community is being
>threatened. Why doesn't the offended woman file a civil claim, if she
>was that offended? I don't know Michigan law, but the offence should fit
>within the common law "intentional infliction of mental distress" and
>"nuisance" torts.
>
>(I can't believe I wrote that. Two weeks in law school and I'm already
>warped.)

Yep, you've already reached the point of being a waste of skin.

Perhaps you'll be leading the prosecution of a thought criminal in
court when your particular building is mcveighed.

"File a civil claim," indeed. You should be shot dead.

--Tim May
"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.