CDR: Re: Meth bill resurfaces on Capitol Hill

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Tue Sep 26 23:53:11 PDT 2000

At 2:33 PM -0700 9/26/00, Declan McCullagh wrote:
>http://www.cluebot.com/article.pl?sid=00/09/22/0247244&mode=thread
>
>    Methamphetamine Bill Resurfaces on Capitol Hill
>    posted by cicero on Saturday September 23, @04:43AM
>    from the accelerating-speed-bill dept.
>
>    Everyone thought the Methamphetamine Anti-Proliferation Act
>    had died this summer, but a source close to the issue tells us the
>    Senate has resurrected this nasty bit of legislation. Among other
>    things, the bill would ban links to drug-related websites. It didn't
>    quite get enough momentum on its own, so some of our more censorhappy
>    congresscritters attached it to the entirely unrelated Bankruptcy
>    Reform Act, part of which could allow police to conduct secret
>    searches of your home. That bill is currently before a conference
>    committee, which has only about a week left to finish it before
>    Congress adjourns for the year. You may want to contact your
>    legislators before it's too late.

Contact our legislators before it's too late?

What, and deprive us of targets of opportunity?

As far as I'm concerned, and I think the Law supports me in this, if
I happen to find someone skulking around in my house I can blow them
away at will.

Besides, if the police and narcs take to sneaking into folks' homes
at night, without a warrant, then obviously their hives deserve to be
mcveighed. Even if they've installed some rugrats as human shields.
Eggs breaking and all that.

Nothing surprises me anymore. They all need killing. Tens of
thousands of them at the very least.

--Tim May

"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.