CDR: Re: Lions and Tigers and Backdoors, oh, my...

Michael Motyka mmotyka at lsil.com
Tue Sep 26 16:45:31 PDT 2000

> > I'm still waiting for RIP-USA to rear its ugly mug.
>
> I think, if they do that, they kill internet commerce.

How so? Our communications and financial systems are already pretty
transparent and yet commerce of all sorts is going full steam. States
and municipalities are eager to have tracking SW installed at vendors
who sell into their states. It will happen eventually : the Big Bro tax
tracker and business license manager thread will be required. And
businesses will not stop operating over the phone, through catalogs and
on the internet.

The part of RIP that I'm expecting to surface soon is the LEA access to
plaintext for both communications and stored data. THEY ( the black
helicopter, cattle slashing, alien dissecting, door crashing,
head-stomping,  universal snooper folks ) need that to protect our
children from Osama Bin-NAMBLA. And to collect taxes. Don't they?

Mike