CDR: Re: And you thought Nazi agitprop was controversial?

Eric Cordian emc at chao.insync.net
Tue Sep 26 12:21:30 PDT 2000

The Lovely and Talented Jodi Hoffman <jlhoffm at attglobal.net> wrote:

>You are wrong to protect them without knowing what they're about, Jay.
>Their motto is, "Sex before eight, or it's too late."

I'll never understand the ability of Child Sex Hysterics to look at one
thing and see another.  "Sex Before Eight" was a slogan of the Rene Guyon
Society, named after a deceased French world traveler who thought that
American puritanism and prudery could be cured with a healthy dose of the
kind of sexual openness found amongst primitive tribes.

It has nothing at all to do with NAMBLA.  Never has.

> They are referring to grown men having sex with an under-eight year old
> little boy.

NAMBLA was formed to protest a witch hunt against gay teens.  Like most
gay organizations of its era, it calls for the repeal of all laws which
criminalize sexual activity using age alone as the sole criteria for
determining whether someone has been taken advantage of.

Other organizations with similar platforms have been pressured by people
like Jesse Helms to sell out, without which the current mainstreaming of
gay sodomy rights for adults would not have been permitted.  This has
resulted in the current zoo of "adults only" alleged gay rights
organizations, who run screaming in the opposite direction when anyone
under 18 makes an appearance.

Indeed, it is pretty nearly impossible today to do anything in the area of
gay rights without having to pass some Fundie-authored litmus test on
support of consent laws, and to be forced to pay lip service to the
disempowerment of young people to make any sort of sexual decisions for
themselves.

> Surely you don't mean to suggest that a website promoting
> intercourse with a little boy should be protected speech, do you?

Well, since the alleged intercourse with little boys exists entirely in
Jodi Hoffman's brain, and not on the NAMBLA website, I think we should
take any and all measures to prevent people from coming in contact with
the harmful material in Jodi Hoffman's brain, before more people are
turned into idiots.

--
Eric Michael Cordian 0+