CDR: Re: toad.com filter

William H. Geiger III whgiii at openpgp.net
Mon Sep 25 20:14:07 PDT 2000

In <39CDFC9C.C526A898 at harmon.arrowhead.lib.mn.us>, on 09/24/00
   at 07:08 AM, Harmon Seaver <hseaver at harmon.arrowhead.lib.mn.us> said:

>      I've been checking headers watching for the X-Toad, but none so far
>-- not much spam either, but one thing I did notice, that I hadn't seen
>before, was an extra X-Loop: on some messages with (in just two, there
>hasn't been much traffic) a cypherpunks at algebra.com and ssz.com. This is
>in addition to the usual X-Loop: openpgp.net  -- and looking back, I
>don't seen those. Is this a new thing? And, it would seem, that this one
>does show the origin node? At least in the case of Choate's message it
>would seem to -- so toad.com should show up here, I'd think, and could be
>filtered on, or is it going to be an actual X-Toad?

The X-Loop: has been there. The various nodes add that tag to prevent them from getting into endless loops.

I had to make a few tweaks to my cdr script. You should start to see the X-Toad: Yes in the headers of messages set through toad.com. I'll send this reply through toad to verify.

William H. Geiger III      http://www.openpgp.net
Geiger Consulting

Data Security & Cryptology Consulting
Programming, Networking, Analysis