CDR: Fwd: Re: First Cypherpunks Physical Meeting Europe

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Sun Sep 24 18:37:43 PDT 2000

Cypherpunks,

I sent this out this morning. I left the huge "To:" list intact, even
though many/most are censorioius, closed lists. I knew I would get a
bunch of bounces, saying I was not authorized to post to their elite
list.

What I didn't check was whether the _real_ list, Cypherpunks, was on
the distribution list. It wasn't.

The fuckheads out there who blather about being "coderpunks" and
"cryptorights" warriors are not even posting to Cypherpunks.

And yet they claim, falsely, to organizing the "first cypherpunks
physical meeting in Europe."

I guess what Churchill said is right: "The Hun is either at your
throat or at your feet."

>Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 15:12:00 -0700
>To: cypherpunks-europe at koeln.ccc.de, news at koeln.ccc.de,
>intern at lists.ccc.de, krypto at thur.de, debate at fitug.de,
>eucrypto at fitug.de, cypherpunks at koeln.ccc.de, coderpunks at toad.com,
>cryptography at c2.net, ukcrypto at maillist.ox.ac.uk,
>meetingpunks at cryptorights.org,
>cypherpunks-europe-anounce at koeln.ccc.de
>From: Tim May <tcmay at got.net>
>Subject: Re: First Cypherpunks Physical Meeting Europe
>Bcc:
>At 11:39 AM +0200 9/24/00, cypherpunks-europe at koeln.ccc.de wrote:
>>On Saturday the 30th of September at 16:00 h there will be held
>>the first cypherpunks physical meeting in Europe.
>
>In the interest of accuracy, this is certainly NOT the "first
>Cypherpunks physical meeting in Europe."
>
>For example,
>
>"
>4th Cypherpunks meeting, London
>-------------------------------
>
>Will be held Saturday, 20 February 1993, at 1400 in the office of:
>
>   FOREST
>   4th Floor
>   2 Grosvenor Gardens
>   London  SW1W 0DH
>   071-823-6550
>"
>
>Or there are the various meetings held in or near Amsterdam:
>

>When:
>Saturday, August 9, 1997 at 1:00 PM PDT. [22:00 local]
>
>Where:
>The Workshop tent, HIP'97 Campground, Almere, The Netherlands.
>

>And there are the ones held at the homes or hotels of American
>Cypherpunks living/working in places in Europe. I recall several
>mentions of these.
>

>--Tim May

"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.