CDR: -C-P- Re: would it be so much to ask..

William H. Geiger III whgiii at openpgp.net
Sat Sep 23 08:31:12 PDT 2000

In <39C973CE.7D7042A at harmon.arrowhead.lib.mn.us>, on 09/20/00
   at 09:29 PM, Harmon Seaver <hseaver at harmon.arrowhead.lib.mn.us> said:

>"William H. Geiger III" wrote:

>> Subscibe to a list that filters out the CDR: from the subject as Jim has made it clear that he is going to continue adding this to the subject line. On the openpgp.net list the subject is:
>>

>    The problem with that, or at least openpgp.net, is that the software
>also strips the header, so that you have no way to filter the toad.com
>crap, and thus, the spam.

I could add an X-Toad: line to the header that you can filter on. The openpgp.net node is using listproc and the removal of the Received: lines is hard coded into the software (I have tried to override it in the config file but it just ignores that setting).

Jim could modify his tagging method to add the CDR: tag between the Re: and the subject. This would prevent the Re: CDR: Re: CDR: Re: mess that shows up on to many subject lines.

William H. Geiger III      http://www.openpgp.net
Geiger Consulting

Data Security & Cryptology Consulting
Programming, Networking, Analysis