Chaumian cash redux

Somebody's.sig Somebody's.sig
Fri Sep 22 09:11:35 PDT 2000

At the EFF end-of-RSA ball in SF last night David Chaum stood up and
said a few enigmatic words:  "Great to be here, and what's really
important now is that we all come together and have a common approach.
I've looked at the old ecash and, (wry smile) there were a few
problems.  But I've got some ideas about how to fix it and make it
available in a way which avoids the kind of wars we've had in the past.
I had wanted to make more of an announcement tonight, but the legal
stuff is (as always) taking longer than I'd anticipated.  So,  thank
you."  [applause]

<Personal bits snipped>

I have to believe that he's trying to "do the right thing".  After all,
he showed up at a patent-expiry party at the invite of cryptorights.org
and eff and was pal-ing around with the leadership.  My impression in
watching [...] him is that he is quite a lonely guy.  People
treat him with deference as a demi-god, but he's not really engaged with
the current "scene".

<Snippage>

<Somebody's .sig>
--- end forwarded text

--
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA