CDR: Re: Re; cover your glass

keyser-soze at hushmail.com keyser-soze at hushmail.com
Wed Sep 20 21:58:48 PDT 2000

I'd be willing to be that placing a semi-reflective glass wedge in the optical
path ahead of the scope's front lens would defeat such laser detection systems.
 Any incoming light not reflected off the wedge's front surface (and perhaps
trapped in an adjoining baffle) would almost surely be reflected off the
wedge's other front surface denying the laser's operator enough of a return
signal to work with.

That the lasers are probably working in the IR (so as not to be easily detectable
by the snipper) makes the wedge even easier to use as it needn't appreciably
reduce the visible component most useful to the sniper.