CDR: Re: would it be so much to ask..

anonymous at openpgp.net anonymous at openpgp.net
Wed Sep 20 16:52:45 PDT 2000

Steve Furlong wrote:

> Call me a moron, but what do you mean here? I had figured that "A.
> Melon" was the nym of one individual, "Nomen Nescio" was the nym of one,
> probably other, individual, and so on. Are "A Melon" etc group nyms,
> like "Publius" of the US Federalist Papers? Does some anonymizer give
> the same name for everyone who uses it?

ALT.PRIVACY.ANON-SERVER FAQ
(http://www.almostnotcrazy.org/b/apasfaq/apas-faq.html)

[snip]

13) Who is Nomen Nescio? Secret Squirrel?
Nomen Nescio is Latin for "I do not know the name."   This is the
From: header emitted by the Dizum Remailer remailer at dizum.com .This
is simply a replacement for the more common "Anonymous" or "Anon User"
From: header.
Secret Squirrel is the From: header emitted by the Squirrel Remailer
mix at squirrel.owl.de.

Other alternative IDs include:
An Metet, (Egyptian for "not spoken") From: header for the Shinn
Remailer remailer at mixmaster.shinn.net.
Jiggs McManus, From: header for the Eelbash Remailer
eelbash at bigfoot.com
Mr. Seppo, From: header for the Septic Remailer septic at home.com
A. Melon, From: header for the Randseed Remailer
randseed at melontraffickers.com .