CDR: Re: would it be so much to ask..

Steve Furlong sfurlong at acmenet.net
Wed Sep 20 16:26:37 PDT 2000

"A. Melon" wrote:

> You're probably one of those people who think that A. Melon, Nomen Nescio,
> An Metet, Secret Squirrel, etc., are actually individuals' personas.

Call me a moron, but what do you mean here? I had figured that "A.
Melon" was the nym of one individual, "Nomen Nescio" was the nym of one,
probably other, individual, and so on. Are "A Melon" etc group nyms,
like "Publius" of the US Federalist Papers? Does some anonymizer give
the same name for everyone who uses it?

--
Steve Furlong, Computer Condottiere     Have GNU, will travel
   518-374-4720     sfurlong at acmenet.net