CDR: Re: would it be so much to ask

raze raze at nym.alias.net
Tue Sep 19 12:08:47 PDT 2000

I believe you are correct.  Johan Helsingius operated the world's most popular anonymous remailer, called penet.fi, until he closed up shop in September 1996. Helsingius' troubles started when he was raided in 1995 by the Finnish police after the Church of Scientology complined that a penet.fi customer was posting the "church's" secrets on the Net. Helsingius mothballed the remailer after a Finnish court ruled he must reveal the customer's real e-mail address.