CDR: Re: Where are the crypt source blackboards?

dmolnar dmolnar at hcs.harvard.edu
Tue Sep 19 15:36:18 PDT 2000

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Gary Jeffers wrote:

> source lines. I don't remember seeing any such on Cypherpunks and the
> little I've checked out on Coderpunks I haven't seen any there either.

do people have code which they want to post?

personally, the prohibition wouldn't affect me much. but most of my crypto
source code issues are problems with using OpenSSL (I'm an OpenSSL newbie,
sad to say, and trying to change that). there are other places to look for
help with that...

what I'd expect to be posted here or to coderpunks would be discussions of
the right techniques and so on to use when developing crypto applications.
sometimes with code as an illustration. and we do have that, c.f.
discussions on wagner blinding, recipient hiding signatures, and so on.
just not so much of it because, well, coming up with this stuff takes a
fair amount of time. at least for me. so it is not as prevalent as the
latest phil/pol musings.

-david