CDR: Re: -C-P- Re: would it be so much to ask..

Jim Choate ravage at EINSTEIN.ssz.com
Tue Sep 19 15:51:35 PDT 2000

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Tim May wrote:

> >I suppose you know why we don´t have that (the remailing issue). But
> >I kinda have another idea. Just start every subject line with eg
> >-C-P- like I did now, then it would be really easy to filter all the
> >mail.

> Nitwit, this idea has been proposed many times. Choate even does
> this, unfortunately, to all traffic flowing through his node.

No, I don't do this. I do put a tag in the title for traffic analysis and
easy visual identification. Despite your bitching about it, about 70% of
the mailing lists I'm aware of do the same thing. The only distinction is
they put []'s around it. I could put []'s if that'll make you happy. The
'CDR' itself stays. Very handy for quick visual scanning.

                     He is able who thinks he is able.

                                           Buddha

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com