CDR: Re: -C-P- Re: would it be so much to ask..

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Tue Sep 19 13:36:52 PDT 2000

At 5:38 PM +0200 9/19/00, harald at f00.nu wrote:
>At 08:04 2000-09-19 -0400, you wrote:
>>I can't see the -C-P- subject as really being functional for
>>sorting out spam mail because anyone new to the list won't know to
>>put them in, nor the people I mentioned who might wish to make
>>anonymous announcements.
>
>The "-C-P-" think should of course be found in some kind of faq
>and/or in the subscribtion welcome message.
>
>>What about just creating another list (closed-posting) and then
>>just allowing people to choose which to subscribe to?  Obviously,
>>the open-posting list would be subscribed to the closed posting
>>list, but not the other way around.. so at the risk of missing the
>>massively important anonymous message that has yet to be sent, I
>>could eliminate some of this spam?
>
>That might be a better idea yes. :)
>Some nice person might even forward "serious" remailed e-mails to
>the closed list (since they donĀ“t seem to be too frequent).

You fucking idiots who want "closed" lists have several choices:

1. Those who came before you _already_ created closed lists.
"Cryptography" and "Coderpunks," for example. Join _those_ lists.

2. Subscribe to one of the filtered lists, e.g., Ray Arachelian's list.

3. Create your own lists.

BTW, if you are posting to the "toad.com" address, as you are, you
are too ignorant to be giving us advice on how the list ought to be
structured.

--Tim May
"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.