CDR: Re: And you thought Nazi agitprop was controversial?

Lizard lizard at mrlizard.com
Sat Sep 16 15:56:59 PDT 2000

At 11:46 AM 9/16/00 -0400, Jodi Hoffman wrote:
>In 1972 (the year before the APA unilaterally decided
>homosexuality was "no longer an illness") the Gay Rights Platform was
>drawn up at the convention of the National Coalition of Gay Organizers.
> It was officially set forth at the Gay Pride March on Washington, D.C.
>on April 25, 1993 and has been reinforced every year since.
>
>	By the way, a couple more of the demands:
>
>	1)	Demand that contraceptives and abortion services be made
>		available to all persons, regardless of age (what the
>		hell does that matter to homosexuals???);

i'm opposed to all government-funded health care;but, if we ARE stuck with
it, it ought to be for all, and, of course, no PRIVATE company should be
forced to discriminate on the basis of age.

>	2)	Full inclusion of lesbians, homosexual men, bisexuals
>		and transgenders in education of children and child
>		care;

Seems reasonable to me. Why not? A heterosexual is as likely to be a child
molestor as anyone else.

>	3)	 Legalization of all forms of sexual expression,
>		including pedophilia, changing age of consent laws to
>		allow sex with children;

They're already down to 14 in Bible belt states like Arkansas...

>	4)	demand that Federal Defense budget funds be diverted to
>		cover AIDS patients' medical expenses...
>
>	The 1998 Federal Budget included $4.746 *BILLION* for AIDS
>funding.  That was a $465 million increase over the 1997 Budget, which
>is more funding than all forms of cancer combined.  Current Federal
>Money (your tax dollars and mine) spent per  death:
>
>	AIDS/HIV:	$39,172.00
>	Diabetes:	$ 5,449.00
>	Cancer:		$ 3,776.00
>	Heart Disease:	$ 1,056.00
>	Stroke:		$   765.00
>
>	What's wrong with this picture?	You don't get cancer by engaging
>in promiscuous sex.  Funding should not be based on sexual behaviors.

Government shouldn't be funding medical care at all. However, deciding what
to fund on the basis of some moral judgement is folly. Cancer, diabetes,
and strokes *ARE NOT CONTAGIOUS*;AIDS is. That makes it far more of a
'public' health threat, and thus, by the logic of 'public health care', the
most likely target.

Besides -- you get strokes from eating hamburgers, cancer from smoking, and
adult-onset diabetes from too much chocalte and not enough exercise. All of
these are sins (Gluttony, laziness, etc) in the Christian morality as well
-- shouldn't we be "punishing" those sinners as well as gay people?