CDR: Crypto events 22-24 Sept in Bay Area?

Trei, Peter ptrei at rsasecurity.com
Fri Sep 15 11:29:38 PDT 2000

I've been stupid (no suprise to those who know me :-).

Last week I booked a ticket out to SFO assuming the RSA party
would be on Saturday the 23rd. As we now know, it's actually on the 21st.
Unfortunately, I booked through priceline.com, and their policy is
"no refunds, no transfers, no modifications" (yes, they're up front about
this - I can't claim it was buried in the fine print).

I'm debating whether to

1. Blow off the whole thing, and write off the ticket as an (fairly
expensive)
lesson. I'd go to the Harvard Club event anyway.

2. Come out Friday, even though I miss the party.

3. Use 20k of FFM on USAir to get to the party 2 hours late, and stay till
Monday. (I've booked this, but that, at least, is cancellable.)

I'm resistant to a long trip  (family/job obligations at home),
but if there's a bunch of interesting crypto related events
aside from the party on Thursday, I may come out anyway.

Any suggestions?

Peter Trei