CDR: Re: And you thought Nazi agitprop was controversial?

Reese reeza at flex.com
Thu Sep 14 18:42:23 PDT 2000

At 02:09 PM 13/09/00 -0700, Tim May wrote:

 >I doubt the backfiring theory very much...none of my cars has _ever_
 >backfired, and I've been driving since 1968. I would bet a lot of
 >money that this woman, a leftie simp-wimp, took a shot at the
 >compound she hated so much.

A vehicle badly out of tune will backfire, as will a vehicle whose driver
turns the motor off for a few seconds, then turns the ignition back on as
the vehicle rolls down the road.  This works better in vehicles with manual
transmissions.  unburnt fuel flushed through the exhaust system ignites at
once, resulting in a very noticeable backfire-like noise.

While no vehicle you've ever owned has ever backfired, you say, this does
mean other vehicles are free from the phenomena.

Nice ad hominem, btw.