CDR: Re: Why?

Jim Choate ravage at EINSTEIN.ssz.com
Wed Sep 13 19:33:14 PDT 2000

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Phaedrus wrote:

> I didn't say that the FBI, BATF or anyone else has (during the OK city
> bombing or at any time) actually used such a facility as a human sheild. I
> was pointing out that it was possible,

Not without breaking the security standards. 'Human shield' scenario's are
one of the standard ones. The usual goal is to deprive an attacker of such
resources.

> that parents could easily be shepherded

You had shitty parents growing up if you think most parents are like this.

> And no, I'm not arguing this did, has or is happening. I'm not in a
> position to have data on that. I'm arguing that, contrary to what you
> said, it *is* a viable possibility.

If it were up to a single person, those sorts of thing aren't decided by
individuals (just for that sort of reason). You should contact your local
LEA and discuss with them the sorts of security studies they undertake
(especialy when considering headquarters locations).

                     He is able who thinks he is able.

                                           Buddha

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com