CDR: Re: Lee Free - Judge Apologizes For Government's Conduct

Harmon Seaver hseaver at harmon.arrowhead.lib.mn.us
Wed Sep 13 15:49:11 PDT 2000

Tim May wrote:

> As to why the deal included this single remaining count, the news
> stories are filled with much verbosity on this. Stuff about fig
> leaves, sending messages to other secret holders, etc.
>
> You claim to be a librarian...look it up.

        The question was rhetorical, Tim. I followed all the news reports, etc.
It's bullshit -- Lee gets totally screwed, since the files he downloaded
weren't (or so the news story goes) even classified material when he downloaded
them, only later to cover the government's ass.  My question remains - if the
judge really felt he was getting screwed, all he had to do was dismiss the
case.

--
Harmon Seaver, MLIS     Systems Librarian
Arrowhead Library System        Virginia, MN