CDR: Re: Lee Free - Judge Apologizes For Government's Conduct

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Wed Sep 13 15:44:09 PDT 2000

At 6:17 PM -0400 9/13/00, Steven Furlong wrote:
>Tim May wrote:
>>  Lee spent 9 months in solitary confinement and lost significant
>>  salary and retirement benefits.
>>
>>  This makes it a moral requirement that former Defense Secretary
>>  William Perry face a similar period of confinement and similar loss
>>  of benefits. Perry has acknowledged downloading top secrets to his
>>  home computer and leaving codeword material where his family,
>>  housekeepers, and other visitors could have found and copied it.
>
>For once, I am even harsher than Tim, or at least what Tim wrote.
>
>FBI and other agents admitted to making "misleading" statements in
>their arguments to keep Mr Lee in jail. Every goverment employee
>involved in "misleading" statements, pressure on Lee's family and
>friends, and supression of exculpatory evidence should be immediately
>jailed and held in solitary confinement for some multiple of the time
>Lee was held.
>
>Those who would monitor and control our behaviour should be held to
>higher standards than those they would control.

Maybe harsher than what I wrote above, but, as you allude to, not
necessarily harsher than what I think.

Fact is, government criminals are almost never held accountable for
their crimes. Order the killings of innocents...get a transfer and
promotion. Write assassination manuals for third world police
forces...get a medal. Illegally use FBI files to attack one's
political opponents...be told not to do it again. Shoot an unarmed
man 31 times in a hail of gunfire...be found innocent.

And the gubment types and their court lackeys have written things so
that "suing the government" is nearly impossible.

Meanwhile, "double jeopardy" is being rolled-back on almost a daily
basis. Prosecutors are congratulating themselves when they find
loopholes and new laws which allow them to "take a second bite of the
apple."

Fucking creeps.

--Tim May
"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.