CDR: Lee Free - Judge Apologizes For Government's Conduct

Eric Cordian emc at chao.insync.net
Wed Sep 13 14:06:15 PDT 2000

http://www.newsday.com/ap/national/ap254.htm

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) -- After nine months in solitary confinement, Wen
Ho Lee pleaded guilty Wednesday to a single count of mishandling nuclear
secrets and was set free by an apologetic judge who said the government's
actions ''embarrassed our entire nation.''

''I sincerely apologize to you, Dr. Lee, for the unfair manner in which
you were held in custody by the executive branch,'' Parker said.

Parker said the Departments of Justice and Energy ''have embarrassed our
entire nation and each of us who is a citizen of it.''

Eric Michael Cordian 0+