CDR: Re: censorship rears its head

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Wed Sep 13 10:25:29 PDT 2000

At 12:38 PM -0400 9/13/00, A. Melon wrote:
>Lieberman: Entertainment Must
>             Police Itself or Else
>             By Kalpana Srinivasan
>             Associated Press Writer
>
>             WASHINGTON (AP) - Sen. Joe Lieberman decried a
>             "culture of carnage" surrounding Americas young
>             people and told a Senate committee Wednesday that
>             the government should stop the marketing of violent
>             movies, music and video games to children if the
>             industry fails to police itself.
><snip> http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGI11ED63DC.html
>

>Lynne Cheney, former Chairman, National Endowment for the Humanities, is set
>to testify before the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and
>Transportation on Wednesday.
>
>Cheney is planning to take direct aim at Eminem for his "hatred of women"
>with depictions that are "degrading and violating". Cheney will also zero in
>on the rappers record distibutor, SEAGRAMS, Hill sources reveal. She will
>challenge members of SEAGRAMS board.
><snip> http://www.drudgereport.com/mat28jj.htm
>
>Snipers Needed.

I will look forward to watching the coverage. Do you plan to take out
just the censorious bitch Lynne Cheney, or also her censorious
husband and VP candidate?

And then there's Al Gore (RAT) and his running mate (JEW RAT).

(Subliminal messages brought to you by the Republican Party).

Interesting that 3 out of the 4 top rats--Cheney, Gore,
Lieberman--have their own censorious attacks on speech, or have
spouses who lead such attacks. Lynne, Tipper, and   Lieberman
himself. I wonder why Bush is being left out? Maybe it'll be like
Nixon in China: the only one of the four not calling for repeal of
the First Amendment will be the one who pulls the trigger.

--Tim May
"Cyphernomicon"             | black markets, collapse of governments.